Monday, May 21, 2012

Father's Day Card

Mother's day has just passed, but I've received an order for father's day card, so I started to make 3 of them.  I've never make father's day card before, so I browsed through internet and tried to get some inspirations from other card makers, I realized that there are so many father's day card in the shape of the shirt with tie. They look interesting to me because it is unlike ordinary card where most of the time in the rectangular shaped or round shaped. After my second thought, I give up the idea because I believe in chinese community a father wouldnt be happy to receive a card like that, in our tradition we burn paper clothes like that for people who had passed away.  Ok, what I've done here is I stick to the ordinary card, a rectangular card, but then I cut some pattern paper to decorate it as a half shirt, and there is a pocket for my father's day sentiment ''no 1 dad''. I thought it would be more fun to make a half shirt instead of a full shirt, the other half I just leave it for your own imagination.



 Here is my second card, when I finished the card, I felt like to add something on the ribbon. Then I got the idea why dont I just add a sparkling diamond? Green plus white plus diamond, I feel that it would be a good combination so I just make it in this way. I don't know if you like it or not, but I do. So here it is.


My third card, this is just a very simple father's day card with some alphabets. Cream plus brown is one of my favourite colour combination, I just feel that it is very harmony to look at. I've used versamark wartermark stamp pad to darker the border of the kraft paper to make it looks like a frame, then in the center I arranged 3 rows of alphabet, you can see ''DAD, I heart U'' in diagonal.  Since the  lower part still have some space, then I decided to stamp another sentiment '' you are my greatest joy'' from technique tuesday, it just fit there perfectly! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment